From November 9th through the 19th, several teams from all over the world competed in more than 130 Startup Weekends. A winner from each was crowned and uploaded their videos, and now hope to get your votes. In the Philippines, there was the Startup Weekend in Davao and Cebu, and out of the many teams that joined, “My Startup Academy” emerged as the top winner.
Accenture Manila Delivery Center is holding a warmup event in support of the DevCon Code Challenge Cup (C-Cup) [http://e.devcon.ph/c-cup] on Nov 30. Titled “LEARN to LAUNCH”, the event aims to allow the participants to deploy a social media app in 4 hours using the Eden PHP Library (http://eden.openovate.com/) developed by Openovate Labs.
Easy to learn and Speedy to deploy will be the motto of the attendees after getting their hands dirty with Eden. Rapid prototyping will never be the same again.
November 23, 2012; 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Accenture Ideas Exchange
7th Floor Robinsons Cybergate Center Tower 1
Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong City
Registration and dinner: 6:00 PM.
Program begins at 7:00 PM.
* FREE EVENT for professionals only
About the Speaker: Christian Blanquera is the Co-Founder and Technology Head of Openovate Labs. http://www.galleon.ph/, http://www.kosmos.com.ph/ and http://taghuddle.com/ are some of the
site created using Eden. Christian also created another site (http://www.workinspire.com/) using Eden which recently qualified for the Launch Garage (http://launchgarage.com/) accelerator program of
Globe’s Kickstart.ph and Proudcloud.
Calling all developers! You can now register for the Eden Hackathon Benilde here !
Eden Hackathon Benilde takes place on November 16 at the De La Salle-Collage of St. Benilde. This is a one-day hackathon presented by SMART DevNet (SMART Developer Network), SMART Communications Inc.’s developer community for its technology platform, DevCon (Developer Connect) and De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde in cooperation with its Information Systems Department, Project Management (PRJ-MGT) Section TO0B and the Association of Information Management (AIM).
Eden Hackathon Benilde focuses on the Eden PHP library created by OpenOvate ( http://eden.openovate.com ) which allows developers to do rapid prototyping in PHP for Internet Platforms and APIs for popular services like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Drive, Google+, PayPal and Amazon. We’re inviting PHP developers to experience the power of the Eden PHP Library and show off the what they can do!
Eden Hacakthon Benilde is open to all developers: students, teachers and professionals. This is a FREE event, no charge for admission, but registration is required. For further details, check out the hackathon’s EventBrite page.
Eden PHP Library http://eden.openovate.com/
Do you have an awesome app idea? Take DLSU’s 24hr challenge this November 23.
- The DLSU Hacker Cup 2012 is open to the following:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students
- DLSU 2012 undergraduate graduates
- Only registered and validated participants will be allowed to participate in the contest. Walk-ins will not be permitted to join. Registration ends on November 10, 2012. Validation will be sent through e-mail.
- There must be a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of four (4) members in each Team. Alumni must team up with enrolled undergraduate students when forming teams. Only one (1) alumnus will be allowed per team.
- Teams can either chose to implement their idea as a web application, a mobile application or both.
- Applications may be assembled using any mix of programming languages, application frameworks, and development tools. Participants are expected to bring the necessary tools to build their competition entry.
- Application must be built during the entire duration of the contest. Teams are given 24 hours (from 3pm of November 23 until 3pm of November 24) to finish their entries.
- Contest theme will be announced one-day before the start of the hackathon (November 22, 2012).
- Teams will undergo final judging by presenting their project to a panel of judges who will identify the top three winners.
- All decisions of judges are final. Scores will not be made public.
More information here: http://www.dlsuhackercup.tk/
Tekkie Tekkie Muna (Wow! I seem to can’t enough of all these coding challenges), DevCon has organized another event for the persistent coders and developers in us.
The Philippines is basking in an Information Technology Renaissance…
We’ve seen the Startup scene and IT sector hogging the headlines. Now, to support budding technopreneurs and their garage operations in discovering co-founders/new talents — following the success of Hack2HATCH — DevCon is hosting a CODE CHALLENGE CUP (C-CUP) on November 30, 2012 in Xavier School (Greenhills).
C-Cup aims to help spur critical thinking and highlight problem solving strategies under pressure. It is patterned after the International Collegiate Programming Contest organized by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) — the oldest, largest and most prestigious programming contest in the world. Hardcore IT geeks consider this to be the “Olympics of Computer Programming.”
Tekkie Tekkie Muna (this seems like an ordinary launch, but hey they did say they wanted to focus on the products rather than celebrities and fireworks), the brands are now revealing to the public their new devices after the October 30 launch of Windows 8.
Asus launched its Windows 8 compatible devices today, November 6, 2012, to the media people at the R Space venue in Makati at around noon.
Tekkie Tekkie Muna (Hackathon mula umaga hanggang madaling araw, tuloy-tuloy hanggang sa susunod na madaling araw), after the Blackberry Jam Hackathon, then soon the Bigas Hackathon on November 10 and 11, another Hackathon has shown its face.
SMART DevNet and WebGeek Philippines is aiming for Foursquare Hack Day Philippines to become the largest mobile app hackaton in the country. Dubbed as “Social. Location. Mobile. Connected” with an official hashtag of #4SQHackPH, they are in search for the greatest SoLoMo app to be held at SaDoce, 12/F Smart Tower 2, 6799 Ayala Ave, Makati on December 1.