Congratulations to the PhilRobotics A Team with their App named Envilog for winning the Most Innovative App award. The team is composed of Franklin Binos II, Richard Myrick Arelaga, Johnaray Dimaunahan, and Wayne Dell Manuel. Envilog is a stand-alone temperature and humidity sensor with real-time GSM-based data sending and offline data collection and web-based visualization. IRRI will host this team for another week so they can create the actual app!
HACKATHONS are everywhere!!! Here’s another one from SMART DevNet.
BIGAS Hackathon is a two-day developer event and hackathon hosted by the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) and Smart Communications, Inc.(Smart) and powered by
SMART Developer Network (SMART DevNet), the developer community for Smart’s technology platform. We’re inviting existing and aspiring developers to create a web and/or mobile app that can be used to further enhance the impact of IRRI technologies especially in their delivery to farmers.We’re looking for web and mobile apps which could help solve some of IRRI’s toughest problems. The challenges could be in such areas as:
· Improving the collection and study of research data
· Providing information and/or technologies to farmers or extension workers
· Indexing library and other institute data
· Improving institute processes and procedures
· Storing survey data better, or speeding up survey data processing
· Designing a digital moisture meter etc.
So if you’re interested, REGISTER NOW!