If you get this error : “Error Downloading __________. There is insufficient space on the device” when you are downloading an application from the Android Market to your Android tablet, it means you may still be using the default location which has very little space.
You will notice that it only displays the error when trying to download applications with large sizes.
To solve this we need to change the default to a bigger partition:
- You gonna need Android Terminal Simulator or equivalent terminal app. This will also require your Android rooted.
- Type ’su’ (root permission request will be showned, you need to approve it).
- Type ‘cd /’
- Type ‘umount /cache’
- Type ‘mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs /’ (to set the folder access to rw – read write)
- Type ‘rmdir /cache’ (delete cache folder)
- I personally using root explorer to do point 5-6
- Type ‘mkdir /sdcard/cache’
- Type ‘ln -s /sdcard/cache /cache’ (to link cache folder to /sdcard/cache – which shoud have bigger partition size)
Done. Try to rerun your Android Market and download big applications