Pinoy Tekkie has been at http://pinoytekkie.blogspot.com for quite some time now. I hope you follow and join us there too. Thanks.
From November 9th through the 19th, several teams from all over the world competed in more than 130 Startup Weekends. A winner from each was crowned and uploaded their videos, and now hope to get your votes. In the Philippines, there was the Startup Weekend in Davao and Cebu, and out of the many teams that joined, “My Startup Academy” emerged as the top winner.
Launched this year in Japan as the “WristableGPS*”, Epson’s newly developed GPS running monitor is an accumulation of the company’s technologies and expertise. By simply strapping it to their wrists, runners can accurately measure and record their speed and the distances they have run. This new product combines high GPS accuracy with a light, compact design and long-battery life. Continue Reading
Accenture Manila Delivery Center is holding a warmup event in support of the DevCon Code Challenge Cup (C-Cup) [http://e.devcon.ph/c-cup] on Nov 30. Titled “LEARN to LAUNCH”, the event aims to allow the participants to deploy a social media app in 4 hours using the Eden PHP Library (http://eden.openovate.com/) developed by Openovate Labs.
Easy to learn and Speedy to deploy will be the motto of the attendees after getting their hands dirty with Eden. Rapid prototyping will never be the same again.
November 23, 2012; 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Accenture Ideas Exchange
7th Floor Robinsons Cybergate Center Tower 1
Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong City
Registration and dinner: 6:00 PM.
Program begins at 7:00 PM.
* FREE EVENT for professionals only
About the Speaker: Christian Blanquera is the Co-Founder and Technology Head of Openovate Labs. http://www.galleon.ph/, http://www.kosmos.com.ph/ and http://taghuddle.com/ are some of the
site created using Eden. Christian also created another site (http://www.workinspire.com/) using Eden which recently qualified for the Launch Garage (http://launchgarage.com/) accelerator program of
Globe’s Kickstart.ph and Proudcloud.
Congratulations to the PhilRobotics A Team with their App named Envilog for winning the Most Innovative App award. The team is composed of Franklin Binos II, Richard Myrick Arelaga, Johnaray Dimaunahan, and Wayne Dell Manuel. Envilog is a stand-alone temperature and humidity sensor with real-time GSM-based data sending and offline data collection and web-based visualization. IRRI will host this team for another week so they can create the actual app!
Calling all developers! You can now register for the Eden Hackathon Benilde here !
Eden Hackathon Benilde takes place on November 16 at the De La Salle-Collage of St. Benilde. This is a one-day hackathon presented by SMART DevNet (SMART Developer Network), SMART Communications Inc.’s developer community for its technology platform, DevCon (Developer Connect) and De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde in cooperation with its Information Systems Department, Project Management (PRJ-MGT) Section TO0B and the Association of Information Management (AIM).
Eden Hackathon Benilde focuses on the Eden PHP library created by OpenOvate ( http://eden.openovate.com ) which allows developers to do rapid prototyping in PHP for Internet Platforms and APIs for popular services like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Drive, Google+, PayPal and Amazon. We’re inviting PHP developers to experience the power of the Eden PHP Library and show off the what they can do!
Eden Hacakthon Benilde is open to all developers: students, teachers and professionals. This is a FREE event, no charge for admission, but registration is required. For further details, check out the hackathon’s EventBrite page.
Eden PHP Library http://eden.openovate.com/
Do you have an awesome app idea? Take DLSU’s 24hr challenge this November 23.
- The DLSU Hacker Cup 2012 is open to the following:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students
- DLSU 2012 undergraduate graduates
- Only registered and validated participants will be allowed to participate in the contest. Walk-ins will not be permitted to join. Registration ends on November 10, 2012. Validation will be sent through e-mail.
- There must be a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of four (4) members in each Team. Alumni must team up with enrolled undergraduate students when forming teams. Only one (1) alumnus will be allowed per team.
- Teams can either chose to implement their idea as a web application, a mobile application or both.
- Applications may be assembled using any mix of programming languages, application frameworks, and development tools. Participants are expected to bring the necessary tools to build their competition entry.
- Application must be built during the entire duration of the contest. Teams are given 24 hours (from 3pm of November 23 until 3pm of November 24) to finish their entries.
- Contest theme will be announced one-day before the start of the hackathon (November 22, 2012).
- Teams will undergo final judging by presenting their project to a panel of judges who will identify the top three winners.
- All decisions of judges are final. Scores will not be made public.
More information here: http://www.dlsuhackercup.tk/